TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Sex with animals
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sex with animals Login/Join 
posted
[Fade in banjo music] We have a case where a guy was caught having sex or attempting to have sex with a goat. Do y'all think that fits under cruelty to animals (torture?), another statute that better fits bestiality cases, or not a crime?

Posts: 280 | Location: Weatherford, Texas | Registered: March 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately, Jeff, the Legislature saw fit not to enact an improved cruelty to animals bill that would have solved your problem. What you are left with is probably a disorderly conduct charge if he was reckless about who saw his anus or genitals. If he was in his bedroom with the door closed, you're probably out of luck.

Posts: 171 | Location: Belton, Texas, USA | Registered: April 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No. The goat is out of luck. Just like the Shagnasty twins from Hogwaller County, right, A.P.?

Posts: 1233 | Location: Amarillo, Texas, USA | Registered: March 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Perhaps they could get lover boy for burglary of a vehicle.

Posts: 751 | Location: Huntsville, Tx | Registered: January 31, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Remember the good old days when people just stole goats? Since cabrito is a rather celebrated form of BBQ, perhaps this could be brought as an adulterated food claim.

Posts: 1233 | Location: Amarillo, Texas, USA | Registered: March 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Check out Public Lewdness PC sec. 21.07(a)(4).

Posts: 158 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: July 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<notalawyer>
posted
I think you could get this guy on any number of points in the cruelty to animals statute.
It could be considered torture if you ask the goat, but I am sure the goat had to deal with abandonment issues (02), if the goat was married then it could cause two animals to fight with each other (6). Also, if there were any horses around I would check to see if any got caught looking and consequently tripped (8), and, depending on the guy, the �overworked� clause might also apply.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Does anyone know how old this goat was? If it was a kid, that might just kick it up a couple of notches.

Posts: 357 | Registered: January 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If the goat is used to transport items it could be Buggery of a Vehicle.

Notice that 21.07 criminalizes the contact of a person's genitals or mouth to the animals genitals or anus.

Notice anything missing?

The animal's mouth is fair game.

Posts: 764 | Location: Dallas, Texas | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As I once heard a defense attorney point out in a similar case discussion regarding a cruelty to animals charge under a similar set of facts, who will testify that the goat thought the treatment was cruel?

Looks like public lewdness is the one to go with.

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
just wanted to point out that they teach it at A & M that a Kid is another name for a baby/young goat. Just in case no one got it.

Posts: 357 | Registered: January 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
While I laughed out loud at your first kid joke, I laughed even harder at the notion that they 'teach' anything at A&M. Wink

Posts: 764 | Location: Dallas, Texas | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a Job for a Junior Prosecutor anyhow!
Of course You MAY want a seasoned Professional Prosecuter 2nd chairing this ordeal. Nothing quite like the Perry Mason Moment when a witness jumps outa the bushes and testifies for the defense on how the Goat used to be "in the business" of trading favors for Alfalfa, or how this goat was well known to "jump into any Bubba's Trailer" who drove by, known to leave her Kids at home in the pen while she toured local beer joints. Or worse yet...... when all the little goats arrive in court and look at your Judge and in unison Bleat.."DAAAAAAAAAAAD"!

Posts: 19 | Location: Livingston, Texas | Registered: January 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Reminds me of the kid I was in FFA with in high school who was forced by the Ag teacher to rename his lamb "Baby" as punishment for having been caught in the act with it.....
I suspect he has ended up one of the folks anxiously awaiting the Leg's probation overhaul!

Posts: 280 | Registered: October 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Alaska and Florida Consider Bans on Bestiality

By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
Published: March 21, 2009
Filed at 9:38 a.m. ET

JUNEAU, Alaska (AP) -- It's a subject that can cause nervous snickering, a little uneasiness and even a few bad jokes.

But many in the southeast Alaska community of Klawock, population 800, weren't laughing last April after a 26-year-old registered sex offender was accused of molesting a local family's pet dog.

The man was spotted by a local woman coaxing the Labrador retriever into the woods near a ball field. There he allegedly tied it to a tree, taped its muzzle shut with duct tape and had sex with it, witnesses told police at the time.
Details.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I didn't know banjo players lived in Alaska.

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Technical note: Due to eye injuries from over-stressed strings in the northern climes, the mouth harp is an acceptable banjo substitute in Alaska.

Posts: 137 | Location: Corsicana, TX | Registered: May 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post