Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Last Words Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Oklahoma

Garry Thomas Allen, 56, was executed for the 1986 killing of his fiancee, 24-year-old Lawanna Gail Titsworth, outside an Oklahoma City day care.

"Obama won two out of three counties," Allen said. "It's going to be a very close race."

Details.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A man described by a prosecutor as "a serial killer in training" was executed Thursday in Texas for a woman's slaying during a break-in at her home a decade ago.

When asked by a warden if he had a final statement before his punishment, the condemned prisoner shook his head, closed his eyes and took several barely audible breaths.

Details.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Texas

"I'm good, let's roll," Brett Hartman said in his final words.

He then smiled in the direction of his sister and repeatedly gave her, a friend and his attorney a "thumbs up" with his left hand.

"This is not going to defeat me," Hartman then said to warden Donald Morgan, who didn't respond.

Details.

posted Hide Post
Texas

Glancing briefly at relatives of his victim, Ramon Hernandez said: “I’m very sorry for all the pain.” Then he urged other prisoners on death row to “keep fighting; don’t give up.”

Details.

posted Hide Post
Another Texas

"You know I'm innocent and I love you both," Hughes, 46, said as his mother cried loudly. "Please continue to fight for my innocence even though I'm gone.

"Give everybody my love."

To give you an idea on how this killer thought, he also said:

"I didn't stab anybody," he said. "Stabbing and stuck is two different things."

"I didn't know she was 13 at the time," he told the AP of the victim in that case. "I was led to believe she was 17."

Details.

posted Hide Post
Oklahoma

OSP Deputy Warden Art Lightle asked Ochoa if he had any last words.

“I’m innocent,” Ochoa said. Ochoa spoke no other words other than those. At 6:02 p.m. Lightle said, “Let the execution begin.”

Details.

posted Hide Post
Arizona

"I don't want to put anyone through that, especially since I'm convinced that ... it's pointless," he wrote. "I reckon I know how to die, and if it's my time, I'll go without fanfare."

Details.

posted Hide Post
Florida

Prison officials said his final words were, "Airborne forever. I love you, Michi baby," referring to his daughter.

Pardo also wrote a final statement that was distributed to the media, in which he claimed that he never killed any women, but "accepted full responsibility for killing six men.

Details.

posted Hide Post
Virginia

Robert Charles Gleason, who admitted to strangling two fellow prison inmates and threatened to continue killing until he received the death penalty was executed in Virginia on Wednesday.

"In his last statement, Gleason uttered the Irish Gaelic phrase 'Pog mo thoin,' or 'Kiss my ass,' Traylor said."

Posts: 1116 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: December 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Texas

"Hang on," he told them. "Cowboy up. I'm fixin' to ride and Jesus is my vehicle."

Details.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: JB,

posted Hide Post
Georgia

"I'm sorry," Cook said as he was strapped to a gurney. "I'm not going to ask you to forgive me. I can't even do it myself."

Details.

posted Hide Post
Japan

Japan has executed three inmates convicted of murder in its first executions under the government that took office in December.

Details.

posted Hide Post
I have read in the past that there is no formal notice in Japan of the upcoming execution. They just show up one day and say, "it's time..."

Posts: 2138 | Location: McKinney, Texas, USA | Registered: February 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ohio

"I am here for Henry Dupree," the statement continued. "I'd like to apologize to the family for what I've done. I'm sorry."

Details.

posted Hide Post
Oklahoma

"I just want to thank God for such an exuberant send-off," he said as other death row inmates banged their cell doors in a tribute to the condemned man.

Details.

posted Hide Post
"I thank the Lord for the man I am today. I have done all I can to better myself, to learn to read and write," he said, appearing to choke back tears. "Take me to my king."

Details.

posted Hide Post
Florida

Mann's final written statement, released by the state Department of Corrections about an hour after his death, was a Bible verse, Romans 6:23: “For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.”

Details.

posted Hide Post
Texas

“To my loved ones and my dear friends, I love y’all and appreciate y’all for being there,” Threadgill said. “I am going to a better place. To all the guys back on the row, keep your heads up, keep fighting. I’m ready. Let’s go.”

Details.

posted Hide Post
"Wow!" the inmate exclaimed in a loud voice. "That is great. That is awesome! Thank you, warden! Thank you (expletive) warden!"

Details.

posted Hide Post
Ohio

Smith declined to say any last words, then looked at Brittney sitting behind a pane of glass.

Details.