Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Last Words Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Texas' longest-serving death row inmate dies in Dallas

"He was limited in what he could say" because of pending legal issues," Volberding said. "But Chambers always conveyed incredible remorse."

Details.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Strapped to a gurney and wearing an eye patch over his right eye, the heavyset Duty apologized to his victim's family.

"I hope one day you'll be able to forgive me, not for my sake, but for your own," Duty said. "Thank you, Lord Jesus. I'm ready to go home."

Details.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And the anti-DP folks are left to complain, "No one who has been put to death has come back and testified about what it felt like."

...Really?!

Posts: 1116 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: December 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Neither has a victim.

Posts: 751 | Location: Huntsville, Tx | Registered: January 31, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Before prison officials administer the lethal cocktail of drugs used to carry out executions, the condemned prisoners are offered the chance to say their final piece. The Texas Department of Criminal Justice has kept a record of these statements since 1982, when the state resumed the use of the death penalty.

Details.

posted Hide Post
Texas' prison director says he's optimistic the state can find the drug sodium thiopental or an alternative to carry out executions after Texas' supply expires at the end of March.

Details.

posted Hide Post
Interesting that he did not sound very mentally challenged when begging for forgiveness:

"I would like to give my sincere apology to Amy's family," Hall said as he was strapped to the gurney. "We caused a lot of heartache, grief, pain and suffering, and I am sorry. I know it won't bring her back."

Speaking just above a whisper, his voice shaking and eyes watery, Hall said he wasn't the same person and repeatedly asked for forgiveness. Relatives of his victim stood nearby, looking through a window.

"I am not crying for myself, I am crying for the lost and those that are dying for their sins," he said. "I've been locked up 13 years. I am not locked up inside. All these years, I have been free. Christ has changed me. Here I am, a big strong youngster, crying like a baby. I am man enough to show my emotions, and I am sorry.
"I am sorry for everything. I wish I could take it back, but I can't."

Morning News article

Posts: 2137 | Location: McKinney, Texas, USA | Registered: February 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
After an argument with his wife in which he shot at her, Timothy Adams shot and killed his infant son, Tim, during a standoff with police in 2002, according to the Texas attorney general's office. Adam's execution, which would be the second in Texas this year, is set for Tuesday.

Details.

posted Hide Post
Timothy Wayne Adams, 42, received a lethal injection for the death of his son, Timothy Jr., who was shot twice at close range by his father after the standoff at his family's apartment.

He declined to make a final statement, shaking his head when asked whether he had any final words.

Details.

posted Hide Post
Prison officials say an inmate at San Quentin State Prison has died of natural causes while awaiting execution for a 1994 slaying in Sacramento County.

Details.

posted Hide Post
When Warden Tony Patterson asked if he had any last words, Boyd quietly said "no."

Details.

posted Hide Post
Ohio plans to put a man to death Tuesday who killed a fellow Cincinnati jail inmate over the changing of a TV channel as he awaited sentencing for the aggravated murder of a fellow drug trafficker over stolen money, drugs and incriminating documents.

Details.

posted Hide Post
"I'd like to say I'm sorry for what I did, especially to his mother. I ask God for forgiveness and them for forgiveness," he said.

Details.

[For an interesting blog on this execution and Ohio's adoption of penobarbitol, click here]

posted Hide Post
From Texas Tribune:

Kerr was sentenced to death in 2003 for the rape and murder of Pamela Horton. He's not arguing that he didn't strangle the woman and leave her badly beaten corpse in the middle of the street in a Fort Worth suburb.

From Austin American Statesman:

"To the state of Texas, I am an innocent man," Kerr said. "Never trust a court-appointed attorney."

Kerr's latest lawyer was the brand spanking new state appointed counsel created 2 years ago by the legislature.

[This message was edited by JB on 05-04-11 at .]

posted Hide Post
Kerr was executed yesterday, using new drug.

posted Hide Post
Stevens used his final moments to ask for forgiveness but acknowledged that his victims' families likely would not forgive him.

"What I've taken from God and you, I can't replace," he said. "I'm sorry."

Details.

posted Hide Post
"Enough is enough is enough is enough," Common Pleas Court Judge Norbert Nadel said.

Details.

posted Hide Post
"Being of sound mind and body (I) am dropping all appeals and it is my will to proceed with the death warrent (sic) hearing," Gary Haugen, 49, wrote in a letter to the judge.

Details.

posted Hide Post
The U.S. Supreme Court on Monday refused to review appeals from three condemned Texas inmates, two of whom were convicted of killing children.

The high court, without comment, rejected appeals from Guadalupe Esparza, Richard Vasquez and Steven Woods.

Details.

posted Hide Post
Once the line was attached, Bedford told prison authorities he had no last statement so they removed the microphone. But he began talking out loud to his daughter, Michelle Connor, who was watching through the glass.

"I love you, 'Shell,' " he said. She called back to him, "I love you, daddy."

After the lethal drugs began flowing, his final words were, "Love you all. God bless you."

Details.