Page 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 27
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Last Words Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Morris later claimed he was intoxicated at the time and the gun accidentally discharged when an accomplice bumped into him.
Details.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"He then was shot in the neck and face and twice in the back."

Accident, huh? That reminds me of Chicago-- "Then he ran into my knife. He ran into my knife ten times."

Posts: 1116 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: December 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glad to see that Willie Pondexter has convinced himself that he didn't actually kill Martha Lennox.

I seem to recall from his trial that, when he took the gun from his cohort and fired the second fatal shot, good old Willie proclaimed, "that's not how you smoke a b**ch, this is how you smoke a b**ch."
Swell guy.

Posts: 280 | Registered: October 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And, gee, the reporter just took his quote at face value. Gotta like how they write a balanced story. ["Balanced" only means that someone says the opposite in the story. Truth be damned.]

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The convicted killer of a Houston man gunned down during a botched burglary was headed to the Texas death chamber Wednesday evening.
Details.

posted Hide Post
Kenneth Wayne Morris

Posts: 689 | Registered: March 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"I'm sorry for all the pain I might have caused you and your family," he told three sons and a grandson of his victim who watched him die. "I pray one day y'all can one day forgive me."
Details.

posted Hide Post
"The only consolation I can get is if he confesses," Humphreys said. "We're expecting him to deny it to his last breath. We'll live with it, whatever it is."
Details.

posted Hide Post
[It is interesting to see where the victim's family has evolved by the point of execution.]

"I can't forgive him," Rodriguez said. "I don't feel any guilt for wanting this execution to take place. He's been here all this time. Some people I talk to say 'Think about his mother and wife and children,'and I understand that and I guess I can feel some sort of pity for them but I didn't do this to them. He did. "
Details.

posted Hide Post
"My heart is going ba bump ba bump ba bump," he said. "I love my children, Roxanne, Roseanne, Melissa and Louis. I miss them. I will take them with me in my heart." He died while reciting the Lord's Prayer.
Details.

posted Hide Post
I wonder what his victim's last thoughts/words were?

Posts: 956 | Location: Cherokee County, Rusk, Tx | Registered: July 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
She may have been praying as well.

posted Hide Post
The U.S. Supreme Court on Monday refused to review the death sentence of a man who has twice been convicted of using an assault rifle to kill an Austin police officer during a traffic stop more than 30 years ago.

Details.

posted Hide Post
He looks like Jeremy Irons in that bad Dungeons and Dragons movie.

Posts: 764 | Location: Dallas, Texas | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"I'm not up here to point the finger at anybody else and say, 'Have mercy on my poor and withered soul,'" Hausner told the jury on Thursday. "I'm willing to accept my punishment like a man without blaming anybody."

Details.

posted Hide Post
A Texas death row inmate confessed to the 1992 stabbing death of a San Antonio convenience store clerk just hours before he was put to death last month.

Authorities said Louis Cervantes Salazar, 38, confessed to the slaying at the urging of his spiritual counselor.

Details.

posted Hide Post
Michael Rosales, 35, is set for lethal injection this evening.

Attorneys from the Texas Defender Service, a legal group involved in death penalty issues, lost a bid Tuesday in the 5th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals to halt the punishment. Their appeal argued, in part, that Rosales was entitled to a qualified lawyer who should have at least six months to draw up a state clemency petition. [Really?]

Details.

posted Hide Post
"I love you all. May the Lord be with you. Peace. I�m done," Michael Rosales, 35, said to three brothers who were among his witnesses.

Details.

posted Hide Post
Michael Lynn Riley, 51, would be the 15th convicted murderer executed this year in the nation's most active death penalty state.
"They're freeing me from this place," Riley told The Associated Press in a recent interview. "I'm in Heaven. I can already feel it. Come May 19th, I'll be free."

Details.

posted Hide Post
Missouri early Wednesday executed a man who killed a good Samaritan who had stopped on the road to help him, ending a nearly four-year period without an execution in the state. Texas, meanwhile, executed its 15th prisoner this year.

Dennis Skillicorn, 49, received an injection at 12:23 a.m. at the prison in Bonne Terre and died 11 minutes later. It was the first execution in Missouri since Marlin Gray was put to death in October 2005.

As part of a lengthy final statement, Skillicorn apologized to the family of the victim, Richard Drummond, saying that "for the last 15 years I've lived with the remorse of my actions."

In Huntsville, Texas, Michael Lynn Riley also apologized as he was executed Tuesday for fatally stabbing a convenience store clerk during a robbery more than two decades ago.

"I know I hurt you very bad," Riley, 51, said to his victim's relatives, including her two daughters and husband. "I want you to know I'm sorry. I hope one day you can move on and, if not, I understand."

Details.