TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Casual Friday is a slippery slope.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Casual Friday is a slippery slope. Login/Join 
posted
HAMILTON, Ohio (AP) -- A city prosecutor was charged with indecency after a security camera caught him walking around naked in a government building after business hours.

Scott Blauvelt, 35, was arrested Monday and charged with two counts of indecency. He was released from jail to await a hearing in the court where he usually works.

A guard monitoring a security camera spotted a nude man -- whom investigators identified as Blauvelt -- in a building that houses county offices the night of October 5, sheriff's Maj. Anthony Dwyer said. The night before, security video had captured Blauvelt naked in another area of the building, where city offices are located, Dwyer said.

Dwyer said investigators don't know why Blauvelt, who was alone, wasn't wearing clothes. He faces a month in jail and a $250 fine if convicted.

Blauvelt's lawyer, Michael Gmoser, said in a statement Tuesday that his client was seriously injured in a 2005 car accident, suffers from mental illness and is on medication for seizures.

"Scott Blauvelt is an American with a disability," he said.

Posts: 374 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: July 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
naked prosecutor? or crazy prosecutor?

this didn't take place in georgetown, did it?

Posts: 1243 | Location: houston, texas, u.s.a. | Registered: October 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
#1 It sounds like a song or a novel "Naked was the Prosecutor"

#2 DN, you stole my line.

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
steal from the best.

Posts: 1243 | Location: houston, texas, u.s.a. | Registered: October 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sounds more like "crazy naked prosecutor"

Posts: 956 | Location: Cherokee County, Rusk, Tx | Registered: July 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gordon LeMaire:
Sounds more like "crazy naked prosecutor"

Isn't that a Bare Naked Ladies tribute band?

Posts: 128 | Location: TX | Registered: March 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"There are a million arguments in the heart of the naked prosecutor."

Posts: 1233 | Location: Amarillo, Texas, USA | Registered: March 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
From the San Jose Tattletale Courthouse Watch column

(UP) Prosecutor Scott Blauvelt was seen at the County Clerk's office Wednesday afternoon, shortly after posting bail at the local calaboose. Seems he was demanding a handicapped parking permit, and was heard telling the deputy clerk that he was, in fact, a disabled American, and his lawyer could prove it. Blauvelt adamantly conveyed to the clerk, and this reporter, that the whole unfortunate incident started when his boss, the First Assistant, told him his "...suit was to be in the courtroom downstairs", and his "...briefs had to be on his desk by 8 the next morning." Scott bemoaned the fact that although he felt the demands placed on him by his superior were tantamount to sexual harassment, he, because of his American disability, felt compelled to obey the instructions, and at least he had the good sense to wait until after everyone left the courthouse before he took his suit and briefs to the appropriate places. This reporter did notice that Scott had the latest editions of The Perfect Plea and Mental Defenses under his arm, possible indicators of strategies he and his lawyer, Mr. Gmoser will be using. Stay tuned.

Posts: 751 | Location: Huntsville, Tx | Registered: January 31, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
"Scott Blauvelt is an American with a disability," he said

when did nudism become a disability? can he collect SSI for this?

Posts: 65 | Location: Athens, TX - Henderson County | Registered: June 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I pledge to all of you out there that from this point on, my former Office parter, Larry, who is currently on vacation for the next 2 weeks, and as such can't defend himself here so I shall roast him somewhat, will be made to wear clothes at all times that he is posting on this website. Since he moved into his own office, I have been troubled that he would use that opportunity to do as the prosecutor in the story did, but at least he keeps the door closed and doesn't roam the halls. Still, it does give one a bit of a creeped out feeling knowing that he is probably working in the nude (doubly so if you have ever seen him in person - in person - not in the nude. don't even want to think about that.)

Posts: 357 | Registered: January 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE] when did nudism become a disability?/[QUOTE]

About 30 seconds after the defense attorney was retained in this case.

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
hey, speak for yourselves. nudity for me is a disability. just ask my wife.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
"Scott Blauvelt is an American with a disability ..."

God forbid anyone ever says that after seeing me naked!

Big Grin

Posts: 2426 | Location: TDCAA | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There is no nudity in Georgetown. Why just last week, we threatened to prosecute anyone who would dare to undress. We take pride in our history of fully-clothed casual Friday.

[This message was edited by JB on 10-16-06 at .]

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JB:
There is no nudity in Georgetown.

As I have long suspected was the case. Big Grin

posted Hide Post
In Amarillo, we're not nude. But we are willing to learn.

Posts: 1233 | Location: Amarillo, Texas, USA | Registered: March 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
let me know how that nudity workshop in commissioner's court goes, scott. it could turn into a train the trainers type of thing.

posted Hide Post
Real Sex 53: Live from the Potter County Commissioners Court.

(I think it's time to start considering cancelling my subscription.)

Posts: 218 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: September 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
shock video?

posted Hide Post
Whatever it is called, please stop talking about it, or else I'm going to get a mental image of it and that will just be too much for my PG rated mind to deal with.