TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Corroboration, Cowobboration
Page 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Corroboration, Cowobboration Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
No chance the pictures would have more taste than the actual stuff, though.

Do I get a prize for the 300th post on this thread? Wink

Posts: 1089 | Location: UNT Dallas | Registered: June 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gretchen:
No chance the pictures would have more taste than the actual stuff, though.

Do I get a prize for the 300th post on this thread? Wink

Three pictures of beer as your prize!

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Did you count them, you freakish dork?

Posts: 764 | Location: Dallas, Texas | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No, she just misremembered.

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I guess I should have said the 300th REPLY on this thread. It would have been the 301st posting (the initial post to start the thread, plus the 300 replies). And no I did not COUNT them, Philip. I am Rainwoman. I looked at the forum column that said "replies" and checked the number all at one time without the necessity of counting. =P

So GG, where are my pictures? Wink

Posts: 1089 | Location: UNT Dallas | Registered: June 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So that is all the murmuring we can here north of Dallas. Rainwoman in action..

JAS

[This message was edited by JAS on 02-28-08 at .]

Posts: 586 | Location: Denton,TX | Registered: January 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So actually, I guess John R is the 300th on this thread. Congrats John! You have my eternal admiration! I'm glad you didn't fall behind the pack and become #301. Don't say you are rainman, tho...

WTH does rainwoman mean, anyway?

posted Hide Post
*giggle* *snort* I love you guys! Smile

posted Hide Post
Gotta go watch Wapner. Wapner comes on at 4:30. Gotta watch Wapner.

I don't have a typo or miscue in a report to relate. But this seemed as appropriate as anywhere to note my sophomoric amusement when I was requested recently to submit a protest of an application for a liquor license because the owner was going to run 8-liners. Why, I asked myself, would anyone sully an upscale establishment with no-armed bandits? The name of this haute monde boutique? "The Mustache Ride Bar & Grill/Green Go Discount Store." They still don't have a liquor license.

Posts: 1233 | Location: Amarillo, Texas, USA | Registered: March 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scott Brumley:
The name of this haute monde boutique? "The Mustache Ride Bar & Grill/Green Go Discount Store." They still don't have a liquor license.

Is this a real name or are you funnin' us?

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Greg Gilleland:
WTH does rainwoman mean, anyway?

Nevermind, I just figured it out.

posted Hide Post
Got a new one. The Nueces County risk mamagement department received a letter from a State Farm adjuster in Austin addressed to New Ace's County. I HOPE he's not from Texas!

Posts: 36 | Location: Corpus Christi, TX 78401 | Registered: January 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Had a lady in court last week talking about who took the money from the "artistic" child. Autism has never been so artfully described.

Posts: 30 | Location: Galveston, TX | Registered: March 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was reading a brief yesterday on a sexaul assault of a child case. They found DNA on the girl. The record says the deputy took a "fecal" swab from the defendant's mouth for his DNA.

Ironically, the defendant testified . . . .

Posts: 286 | Registered: February 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
From a felony ACBI/FV offense report: "I made contact with Tiffany and she advised that she was William's living girlfriend". This particular girlfriend, this particular time, just had a broken finger, but he is a repeat offender, and maybe I need to take a closer look at his criminal history--I wonder what he did to the implied dead girlfriend.

Posts: 102 | Location: Galveston, Texas | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by E. Foley:
From a felony ACBI/FV offense report: "I made contact with Tiffany and she advised that she was William's living girlfriend". This particular girlfriend, this particular time, just had a broken finger, but he is a repeat offender, and maybe I need to take a closer look at his criminal history--I wonder what he did to the implied dead girlfriend.

I've always called it Assault/FV, assuming there was the allegation (but maybe not the evidence) of BI otherwise it would have been filed as a class c. I've heard it referred to as assault/fv, but never acbi. MST (makes sense though).

Acronym Definition
ACBI Association of Clinical Biochemists in Ireland
ACBI Association of Clinical Biochemists of India
ACBI African Capacity Building Initiative
ACBI American Corporate Benefits, Inc.
ACBI Association of Consultants to the Bioscience Industries
ACBI Association for Certified Background Investigators
ACBI Assault Causing Bodily Injury

Just out of curiosity, do you use acronyms for crimes other than dwi, fsgi/fsra and ucw? If so, is there an acronym guide for your new employees and can I have one? Wink

Just think of how acronyms could simplify closings:

"Ladies and gentlemen of the jury. We've brought to you abundant evidence of this defendant's guilt, certainly BRD. The officers had PC to make the arrest in this case for ACBI/FV, and then as part of their SITA (search incident to arrest) they found the defendant in PCS and I am asking you to find this defendant GACITI (guilty as charged in the indictment). WTYFYSAJ (we thank you for your service as jurors).

Almost sounds like the military.
[This message was edited by Greg Gilleland on 01-08-09 at .]

posted Hide Post
Greg -- you are, if not The King, then at least one of the kings of hijacking forums and taking them off in a totally different direction. If you want to start a threat about acronyms, go for it, but start your own thread. You could call it something like "Acronym, Crackronym."

Posts: 515 | Location: austin, tx, usa | Registered: July 02, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you, thank you very much. And I apologize profusely.

It wouldn't have the same panache if I started my own thread. Your threads are generally far better than mine.

You might find this surprising, but there have been occasions that myself and other forum regulars have been praised by the powers that be for hijacking a thread.

For example forumites, how many songs in the rock and roll idiom are there that are either about a woman/girl named Jane, have the name Jane in the title, or that the band has Jane in it's name.

I'll start:

Jane Said, by Jane's Addiction

I'm also in the running for the title of "thread killer". I think Newell and I are neck and neck on that one.

posted Hide Post
Sweet Jane - Velvet Underground (and later The Cowboy Junkies)

And I'll have to cede the crown to Greg on the thread killing as my skill in that area is almost always unintentional. I'm kind of like The Hulk that way.

Posts: 1243 | Location: houston, texas, u.s.a. | Registered: October 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Greg, remind me to never let you look at my notes! I use acronyms and abbreviations like crazy. I feel bad for my poor intern who's trying to translate them right now. Not only does she have to try to read my handwriting, she's always coming with "um, what does this stand for?"

Posts: 1116 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: December 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post