TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Nudity:double standard
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Nudity:double standard Login/Join 
posted
Maybe the judge is correctly interpreting the law in this case, but isn't there a double standard when it comes to nudity--men, convict them; women ignore them?

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-indecent21oct21,1,7066471.story?coll=la-headlines-california

Posts: 532 | Location: McKinney, Tx | Registered: June 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Texas, like most states, has the following provision in the Government Code:

Sec.311.012. TENSE, NUMBER, AND GENDER.
(c) Words of one gender include the other genders.

I suspect the judge was more influenced by the consequence of sex offender registration than the gender issue.

Society probably does consider the male flasher more of a threat than the female flasher.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
not that there's any need to be concerned about that in georgetown.

Posts: 1243 | Location: houston, texas, u.s.a. | Registered: October 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Honestly, would YOU have ever brought that case to trial?!? "Silly" sounds about right.

Those neighbors need a taller fence.

Posts: 2425 | Location: TDCAA | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Newell:
not that there's any need to be concerned about that in georgetown.

There is absolutely NO nudity in Georgetown. None. Even baths are taken in swimsuits.

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Shannon, I would need to see the evidence before making any decision about prosecution. I'm frankly surprised you would reach your conclusion without carefully examining the evidence from every angle.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We have no idea what the viewing angles or lanes were. More importantly, we have no idea what any of the involved parties look like. Perhaps this is less an indecent exposure case than a public nuisance issue.

Posts: 1233 | Location: Amarillo, Texas, USA | Registered: March 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Actually the angle wasn't that bad at all, if you scrunched down on part of one knee and balanced yourself on two coffee cans perched on a bass drum case, cocked your head about so far this way, then got somebody to lift one of the coffee cans before the wind blew the tree limb too far off center just before they turned around to see if anybody was looking.

Posts: 751 | Location: Huntsville, Tx | Registered: January 31, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Banjo

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have encountered one politically correct individual who pretended not to know that "his" and "he" are the traditional way that English-speakers refer to men and women generically. Maybe the judge falls into the same category.

Posts: 245 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: July 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post