TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Civil    standing request for public information
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

standing request for public information Login/Join 
posted
I know that we don't have the obligation to honor standing requests for public information. Has anyone ever entered an agreement whereby your county agrees to provide the information on a continuing basis in exchange for some monetary consideration (thereby saving the requestor the need to make a request every week or day)?

Posts: 366 | Location: Plainview, Hale County | Registered: January 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think alot of counties regularly sell their court and property data. Isn't it like that?

Posts: 2137 | Location: McKinney, Texas, USA | Registered: February 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I assume your sheriff got that email from Walter S. Brown wanting continuing inmate intake reports? if so, how are you responding?

Posts: 59 | Location: Anson, Texas, USA | Registered: November 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have advised the Sheriff that he is only obligated to provide the information as it exists the day that he responds. I have also suggested seeing if he can work out an agreement with the requestor for the requestor to pay for regular updates in lieu of having to continually submit requests. Sound reasonable?

Posts: 366 | Location: Plainview, Hale County | Registered: January 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That sounds reasonable, but it would probably be wise to advise the sheriff that any other party requesting the same information on the same basis should also be accommodated under the same terms.

Posts: 325 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: November 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post