TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Expert Witnesses    Insanity Expert in Murder Case
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Insanity Expert in Murder Case Login/Join

posted
The defense has given notice to use the defense of insanity in a murder case. Does anyone have a suggestion for an insanity expert for the prosecution?

Posts: 170 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: May 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We use Dr. Richard Coons in Central Texas. I don't know if he comes to your area or not. I'll e-mail his contact info if I can figure out your e-mail.

Posts: 172 | Location: Georgetown, Texas, USA | Registered: June 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you can manage with a psychologist, You might want to visit with Randy Price from Richardson, who testifies for both sides. He has always been a straight-shooter and a good witness. I have also heard that Dr. Kelly Goodness (M.D.)is reliable too. If you need numbers, call me 940-349-2600.

JAS

Posts: 586 | Location: Denton,TX | Registered: January 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would certainly recommend Floyd Jennings, psychologist and JD. He was a defense expert in a murder trial I tried, and a truthteller. Out of Houston. He posts here quite frequently. Very nice fellow and quite knowledgeable.

[This message was edited by GG on 01-30-07 at .]

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm not a murder prosecutor, and I don't even play one on TV. But I will second Greg's observation about Dr. Jennings. He is extraordinarily knowledgeable about mental health issues and their interplay with the criminal justice system.

Posts: 1233 | Location: Amarillo, Texas, USA | Registered: March 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And he uses big words that cause court reporters to sweat and wish they had gotten jobs at the carwash.

Posts: 751 | Location: Huntsville, Tx | Registered: January 31, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ahh, and A.P. you are such a closet mellifluous fellow, with your persona of Texas tactiturnicity that fails to long conceal both considerable intellect and no little humor.

[This message was edited by Floyd L. Jennings on 01-31-07 at .]

Posts: 264 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Alright now, watch it Doc - I've never kept my mellifluous in the closet; I'm confident and secure in my fluosness, I think. In fact, I'm thinking about organizing a Mellifluous Pride Week, and if you're not busy memorizing the thesaurus, theasuraus, theas...uhh dictionary, maybe you'd like to be in the parade with me and the band. Of course, I haven't asked the band yet, but I don't think they'd be ashamed to participate. If they are, I'd file suit against them for melli-phobia.

As for tacturnicity, I was born that way and can't help it.

Exit only.

Posts: 751 | Location: Huntsville, Tx | Registered: January 31, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have rarely read a better testimony to the power of eloquent (and elegant) speech.

Ipse dixit.

Posts: 264 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post