TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Other    Que Padre?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Que Padre? Login/Join 
posted
I'll jump out there and be the first to say it (in my own dorkish idiom). Those of you who didn't have the good fortune to take part in the recently-concluded Annual Criminal and Civil Law Update missed one helluva good event. From my own perspective, I thank Erik Nielsen, for his yeoman's work on lining up speakers, the excellent speakers in the civil track (no knock on the other tracks at all), and the inestimable Ms. Bellsnyder, who once again arranged a seamless and eminently enjoyable feat. Also, if you weren't there, you missed a smokin' show involving four guys who masquerade as lawyers and an investigator, but whose real calling is to rock. To the following, I say "you cats rule":

Mr. Greg Gilleland (drummer extraordinaire);
Mr. Scott Durfee (the keyboardist known as "Dr. Rock");
Mr. Erik Nielsen ("who needs to train when you can thump that bass"); and
Mr. A.P. Merillat (future dangerousness on bass and banjo).

Outstanding work, mis amigos!

Posts: 1233 | Location: Amarillo, Texas, USA | Registered: March 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Absolutely! We were to music what the Jamaicans were to bobsledding. Wait a minute, that might not be quite right...we did have a rockin' tambourine player, and those lawyers can jam with the best of them. Rock on, C. Scott Brumley.

Posts: 751 | Location: Huntsville, Tx | Registered: January 31, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Likewise to my new friends. Music is an amazing force, a common language that can be spoken by all Texans, whether you are from East Texas, West Texas or just in between.

And don't forget the first two adjunct lesser includeds, Andy on Tamborine and Sarah Wanarka on guest vocals.

Now, what did I do with that 18 inch tall stonehenge replica I had in the back of the van?

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I certainly didn't want to forget our two favorite new "Lesser Includeds." They did a stellar job.

And where were the dancing dwarfs I ordered?

Posts: 1233 | Location: Amarillo, Texas, USA | Registered: March 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good thing we didn't take that job as Willie's touring band, Scott...From the Houston Chronicle today...

LAFAYETTE, La. � Willie Nelson and four others were issued misdemeanor citations for possession of narcotic mushrooms and marijuana after a traffic stop this morning on a Louisiana highway, state police said.

The citations were issued after a commercial vehicle inspection of the country music star's tour bus, state police said in a news release.

"When the door was opened and the trooper began to speak to the driver, he smelled the strong odor of marijuana," the news release said. A search of the bus produced 1 1/2 pounds of marijuana and 0.2 pounds of narcotic mushrooms, according to state police.

Nelson's publicist, Elaine Shock, declined immediate comment.

Also cited were Tony Sizemore, 59, of St. Cloud, Fla.; Bobbie Nelson, 75, of Briarcliff, Texas; Gates Moore, 54, of Austin, Texas; and David Anderson, 50, of Dallas.

Each was released after being issued a citation.

Nelson, 73, has recorded songs including On the Road Again and City of New Orleans.

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks like the thing we do have in common with the Red-Headed Stranger's band is the ages of the citation-receivers.

Posts: 751 | Location: Huntsville, Tx | Registered: January 31, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not me, man. I'm 29 and holding.

posted Hide Post
It's not the years ... it's the mileage.

So mushrooms are just a ticketable offense in Louisiana, huh? Would've made "Mustang Sally" alot more psychedelic, wouldn't it?

posted Hide Post
In tribute to Willie and his (upcoming) trials and tribulations, please address me in the future on this forum as "J.B.". Razz

That is all.

posted Hide Post
Me too. I would like to be referred to as
"J.B. II" or ("J.B. III" if the drummer formerly known as Greg gets the official "junior" designator). I think we should rename the band and call it "J.B." or "JayBees". We could all wear stick-on name tags with "Hello, My Name is J.B." -- sort of like George Foreman and his 5 little Georges.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by A.P. Merillat:
Me too. I would like to be referred to as
"J.B. II" or ("J.B. III" if the drummer formerly known as Greg gets the official "junior" designator). I think we should rename the band and call it "J.B." or "JayBees". We could all wear stick-on name tags with "Hello, My Name is J.B." -- sort of like George Foreman and his 5 little Georges.

This is all explained on page 32 of the TDCAA publication THE PERFECT PLEA. Big Grin

posted Hide Post
Is that Edmonds guy still using his handle, or is it now available in the public domain, too? Or maybe I could be Ray Rike. Cool

Better yet, perhaps I should go to something like the monikers in vogue in hip hop music. Maybe "Fitty page contract" or "Prolix S."

posted Hide Post
Is this a name change to copy the switch from Michael Jordan to MJ?

Posts: 1029 | Location: Fort Worth, TX | Registered: June 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You got me, KS.

posted Hide Post
David Newell ... er, DN ... or is that Run DN-C, no, wait, that's a medical procedure ... anyway, that really smart guy from Fort Bend County made (at least, I think he made it, but it seems to have disappeared) an excellent suggestion that "Roadhouse Blues" be included in a future gig of A.P. and the Lesser Includeds (or the JayBees) if we get asked back. I defy you to diagram that sentence. Anyway, are there any other suggestions from the gallery, peanut or otherwise? Of course, we welcome actual suggestions, or you may vote from the following:

A. More Buffett
B. More Eagles
C. More Metallica
D. More Dead Kennedys
E. More Slim Whitman

This is America, people! Let your voice be heard!

posted Hide Post
Anything by Celine Dion?

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sure, JB, but you have to sing it.
Exit only

posted Hide Post
did i hear dueling banjos while i was waiting in line to get a drink? if so, very clever. foggy mountain breakdown, next time maybe? or perhaps something by the bad livers?

note, i did not suggest metallica. or the dead kennedys. though holiday in cambodia is always a crowd pleaser. pol pot.

Posts: 1243 | Location: houston, texas, u.s.a. | Registered: October 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, Scott -- we spoke too soon about our rendition of Foggy Mt Breakdown. David heard Dueling Banjos, but he didn't notice Foggy. It's my fault, man. I thought we were doing it right. I've failed you guys.

posted Hide Post
sorry man, i thought for sure it was dueling banjos, but then again, i was so freaked out about having to rebuild my presentation for the next day, that I was unable to pay close attention to anything. i knew it was banjo music and thought to myself, "they're playing banjo music." and i smiled to myself thinking, "if only i could access the TDCAA forum right now . . ." unfortunately, the line for wireless internet access was longer than the drink line that i was then standing in.

[This message was edited by David Newell on 09-20-06 at .]

Posts: 1243 | Location: houston, texas, u.s.a. | Registered: October 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post