TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Cert copy of Driving record
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cert copy of Driving record Login/Join 
posted
I know I have seen this topic before, but couldn't find it.
I have a case set for a jury trial on a DWLI and need a certified copy of the driving record. The defendant has a new mexico license and/or a Texas id card but has a 2 year ALR refusal suspension. Any ideas where I can get the documentation I need to admit as evidence in the trial?
Thanks for the help.

Posts: 568 | Registered: November 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You can get an "Abstract with Photo" (the proper name for requesting a certified copy of a person's driving record)from DPS by submitting an Application for Copy of Driver Record (form DR-1). If you will email me I can fax you a copy of the form (properly filled out). Our office orders them all the time.

Posts: 2 | Registered: September 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There are lots of ways to get this....

If you have a copy of the Investigator Desk Reference manual (2003 edition - maroon cover), look in the back under forms.

Or try this website:
http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/forms/index.htm

Or this one:
www.texasonline.com

There are certain ways to fill it out so you don't have to pay, etc. Send me an email or call me (512-943-1111) if you need more help.

If you fax it, turnaraound time is about 15-20 days.

Posts: 90 | Location: Georgetown, TX | Registered: October 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks all!!!!!

posted Hide Post
Melissa,
How do you get around the fee?
My email is scurryca@snydertex.com
Thanks!
Mike