TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Using a recorded statement
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Using a recorded statement Login/Join 
posted
My witness will be present, but she claims no memory of anything. She is elderly and somewhat confused, so I buy it. She gave a statement to officers at the scene of a gambling house bust. Any problems with entering the statement as a recorded recollection after laying the proper predicate?

Posts: 71 | Location: Galveston, Texas, US | Registered: November 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would first try to refresh her memory on the stand with the statement. If this review of her statement refreshes her memory, she can testify from memory. If it's not refreshed, admit the statement as a recorded recollection. But remember, like a learned treatise, it cannot be admitted in physical form, only read.

Posts: 66 | Location: Travis County, TX, USA | Registered: August 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's in audio form. It's a statement recorded onto a cd.

Posts: 71 | Location: Galveston, Texas, US | Registered: November 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post