TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    JP Court Discovery Motion
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

JP Court Discovery Motion Login/Join 
posted
i haven't seen anything posted on this since '03/'04... is anyone getting discovery motions in JP court for radar/lidar documentation? i.e. training certificates of officers, manufacturer's recommendations, certifications of maintenance, etc. if so, does anyone have a canned response they'd be willing to share so i don't have to reinvent the wheel here? thanks~

Posts: 79 | Location: Hood County | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I get this once in a while....mostly from Pro Se litigants that have been reading the internet.

I always request a hearing on the motion and raise CCP 39.14 where the movant has to show good cause and materiality for what he wants released by the State. No has has been able to really show good cause or rarely materiality. Our JPs do not believe "because I want it" is good cause.

Posts: 19 | Registered: November 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post