TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    EXTRADITION - URGENT!!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

EXTRADITION - URGENT!! Login/Join 
posted
I just did an extradition hearing and the attorney for the other side said that they are going to appeal the Order for Extradition. Once I get the order can't I just send the inmate to the demanding state? Do I have to wait to send her back until an appeal is completed?

Posts: 5 | Registered: February 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
She has the right of appeal.

Posts: 956 | Location: Cherokee County, Rusk, Tx | Registered: July 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Its an accelerated appeal. Still takes some time.

Posts: 2138 | Location: McKinney, Texas, USA | Registered: February 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
While it is on appeal, you don't have a final order. Has he given notice yet?

Posts: 444 | Location: Austin, Texas, USA | Registered: January 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree that the fugitive has the right to appeal the ruling by the trial court. In fact, my experience has been that appeals of extradition rulings are fairly common and are typcially filed in order to delay making the fugitive face the charges in the demanding state.

[This message was edited by Ted Hake on 05-17-10 at .]

Posts: 40 | Location: Edinburg, Texas U.S.A. | Registered: June 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post