TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    DP Debate
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DP Debate Login/Join 
posted
Texas becomes ground zero in the battle field over the controversy of capital punishment

AUSTIN, TX (2005-10-25) Texas has more inmates on death row than any other state. There are six scheduled executions this November alone. As KUT's Joy Diaz reports Texas has become ground zero in the battle between those who favor and those who oppose capital punishment.

Listen to the story and interview of potential CCA Judge Terry Keel.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
" ... Joy Diaz reports Texas has become ground zero in the battle between those who favor and those who oppose capital punishment."

"Has become"? They say it as if that's something new. Roll Eyes

Posts: 2426 | Location: TDCAA | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got a call from the reporter, asking if I would do an interview. I asked, "What is the story?" She indicated that she needed comment from a prosecutor in reply to an anti-death group's statement that the death penalty should be abolished.

Query: Could a prosecutor generate a story by announcing that the death penalty should remain the law?

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post