TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    FIRE INQUEST..........CAN ANYONE HELP!!!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

FIRE INQUEST..........CAN ANYONE HELP!!! Login/Join 
posted
Has anyone had any expierence in conducting a Fire Inquest???? ANY HELP at all would be greatly apprecated!! My problem is to long to explain on here but if you need to know leave me your e-mail address or you can e-mail me and i will explain it.

Any help will be great!!

D.

Posts: 11 | Location: San Saba, Texas, USA | Registered: June 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Best place to check would be the State Fire Marshall's Office here in Austin. If one has been done in the State, they'd know.

[This message was edited by Stacey L. Brownlee on 06-13-06 at .]

Posts: 641 | Location: Longview, Texas | Registered: October 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, but so far no one has been involved in one with the Fire Marshall's Officer either. I have a State Fire Marshall working with me on this case and this is just something no one uses. If you have any ideas please let me know!! I am at a stand still with my case. The fire inquest is the last thing we can do. Dont' have enough evidence to take it to the Grand Jury. We just thought the Fire inquest would be a good closing point to let others decide if we did the right thing and to just put our information out about the case, to the public and let it all be known!!! Been working on this case for just about 2 years. Thanks again.

Posts: 11 | Location: San Saba, Texas, USA | Registered: June 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Upshur Co talked about doing one several years ago but I don't think they ever did. You might call over there to find out. At that time they had an Arson Task Force that worked out of one of the Constables offices.

I did some research on the issue for them when they were talking about doing it. Most interesting part of the statute to me was that the "jury" had to visit the fire scene before making a determination.

Sorry I couldn't help you more.

Posts: 641 | Location: Longview, Texas | Registered: October 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a question. Since it does state in Art. 50.03 "The jury after inspecting the place in question..." Does this mean inspecting the actually place the fire occured, or if the place is no longer there, can the place be inspected through photographs, videos, and drawings of the fire scene???? You have any ideas on this or does anyone else???

Thanks.

[This message was edited by Shaw on 06-15-06 at .]