TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Continuous Sexual Abuse
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Continuous Sexual Abuse Login/Join 
posted
Does anyone have an opinion or know whether the State can use multiple sexual abuse acts that took place in different counties and include them in the prosecution in one county? I have a case with multiple victims (5 in my county and 1 in another county). Is it possible to include all of them in one indictment?

Posts: 4 | Location: Fort Bend | Registered: April 17, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2138 | Location: McKinney, Texas, USA | Registered: February 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And this thread: https://tdcaa.infopop.net/eve/f...801059091#7801059091

I think this one was referenced in the first one I linked.

Posts: 2138 | Location: McKinney, Texas, USA | Registered: February 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you so much!! I remembered seeing discussion about this issue in the past but couldn't find the threads.

Posts: 4 | Location: Fort Bend | Registered: April 17, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sent you a copy of an article from The Prosecutor.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Using John's article, I did this last year in Harris County (with one act occurring in Dallas). You should be just fine.

Posts: 8 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: August 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I frequently get a request for a copy of this article on Jessica's Law, including a discussion of how the relatively new Continuous Sexual Abuse law works. So, attached is a copy.

PDF DocJessica_Law_Article.pdf (296 Kb, 23 downloads)

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Steven Howard Loveday, 40, from Montgomery, Texas, was sentenced by Presiding Judge Michael Seiler of the 435th District Court of Montgomery County, Texas, on April 20, 2012, to three (3) Life sentences for the felony offenses of Continuous Sexual Abuse of a Child and Aggravated Sexual Assault of a Child (2 counts). Judge Seiler ordered all 3 Life sentences to run consecutively to each other.

http://montgomerycountypolicereporter.com/?p=43451