TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Securing cell phone text messages/photographs
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Securing cell phone text messages/photographs Login/Join 
posted
We need to secure text messages and photographs from cell phone company records of a cell phone of a victim and a suspect. The cell company is requiring either a court order or a search warrant. The records are certainly not in my county and maybe not even in Texas so I'm concerned about securing a search warrant where the evidence is located. The court order route is obviously much simpler but I would like to avoid any search and seizure issues (mainly with respect to the suspect's right of privacy re his cell phone). Any ideas would be really help. Thanks.

Posts: 276 | Location: Liberty County, Texas | Registered: July 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We had a great speaker deal with these issues at the last investigator school. Call me if you need example court orders etc...

Posts: 61 | Location: Lubbock, Texas | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We had a great speaker deal with these issues at the last investigator school. Call me if you need example court orders etc...

Posts: 61 | Location: Lubbock, Texas | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That was just what I needed, Todd. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Posts: 276 | Location: Liberty County, Texas | Registered: July 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post