TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Stipulation of Prior DWI Convictions
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Stipulation of Prior DWI Convictions Login/Join 
posted
Does anybody have a good Stipulation of Prior DWI Convictions that you would willing to share? If so, you can email it to me as an attachment. Thanks.

Posts: 10 | Location: Waxahachie, TX, US | Registered: March 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I seem to remember a John Bradley article in a not too distant edition of the Texas Prosecutor that had a good sample stipulation in it.

Posts: 38 | Location: Nacogdoches, Texas, USA | Registered: March 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I e-mailed the one that we use. If anyone else needs it, just e-mail me and I'd be happy to send it on.

Posts: 280 | Location: Weatherford, Texas | Registered: March 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A couple of weeks ago, Judge Cochran wrote a great dissenting opinion in a case dealing with the Tamez-type stipulation. Read it and you will know what to do the next time this comes up. She also provides the procedure and wording for a stipulation.

Go to:

http://www.cca.courts.state.tx.us/opinions/130500d.htm#N_1_

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The one thing Tamez and Robles must leave available is that where there are more than two priors alleged, the State gets to choose which two priors it will actually seek to prove. The defendant would naturally choose the two oldest ones to include in his stipulation. You should be able to force a stipulation to whichever two you choose. This is also a reason to continue to allege as many priors as there are.

Posts: 2386 | Registered: February 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post