TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Dr. Axelrad_Testify Defd Is Insane
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dr. Axelrad_Testify Defd Is Insane Login/Join 
posted
Dr. Axelrad will be testifying in my upcoming trial that a defendant was insane at time of crime. When asked the percentage of his sanity vs. insanity findings, he said he finds about 60% sane, 40% insane. Then when asked how many juries agreed with him and found the defd NGRI, he said he could not remember. He said he could not remember the last time he testified a defendant was insane. Would you please let me know if Dr. Axelrad has ever testified in trial a defd was insane (i suspect he has at some point in his career)? If so, what was the outcome? Thanks!!

Posts: 3 | Location: Richmond, Texas, USA | Registered: October 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So, how, exactly, does a psychiatrist determine his/her error rate on sanity opinions? If a jury rejects the opinion, isn't that a pretty good judgment of an error rate?

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post