Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Joseph Duncan Login/Join 
posted
In his weblog, 'The Fifth Nail' Duncan writes:

I think if there was one thing I could fix about mans nature it would be this ability to see other men as not worthy of ones empathy, for any reason. I have often claimed that if I ever had to hurt someone to protect my life, or a loved ones life, I would do it with empathy for that person. I doubt if I would ever have to, but if I did I can only hope I would do it with compasion. When I lived in Seattle someone stoll my bicycle that I used to get to work. The only feeling I had toward the theif (who was never caught) was sorrow. Just imagine what kind of state of mind it takes to be able to take something from another person and not feel bad about it. That is a sad state of mind and one I would not wish on anyone. All people are human, it is one of the most important lessons that Christ tried to teach us. Hitler had a heart and human feelings. It saddens me when I here Christians and Christian Leaders, even the leader of our country, declaring another person or people are evil and should be destroyed in Gods name. But, our government, just like all governments, today and throughout history, needs a nemesis to justify its need for power. One thing I learned very well in prison is that the best and only real protection a person has is their self, their friends, and their family.

I've been reading it with morbid fascination. The whole thing is just unbelievably creepy.

Posts: 764 | Location: Dallas, Texas | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think his weblog should more appropriately be entitled "The Fifth Joint." He was probably up to that level to come up with that crap.

Posts: 293 | Registered: April 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post