TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Getting an Inmate from Federal Custody
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Getting an Inmate from Federal Custody Login/Join 
posted
Does anyone have any experience in getting a Defendant out of Federal (in this case INS) custody back to State Court to answer State charges? I'm told I need to file Writ of Habeas Corpus Ad Prosequendum to do this. Does anyone out there have a form or information regarding what is required in this writ. Thanks.

You can reach me by e-mail at jbooher@co.hays.tx.us

Posts: 17 | Location: Austin, TX U.S.A. | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
WE did one I beleive we called the federal pen that the def. was located. They told us step by step what to do. You almost have to sign a blood oath but it is really not complicated.

Posts: 106 | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Look at the Interstate Agreement on Detainers: Art. 51.14 of the Texas Code of Criminal Procedure. It's a long article, but I'm pretty sure it provides for getting defendant's to Texas from federal custody as well as from other states.

Posts: 72 | Location: San Antonio, Texas, USA | Registered: December 13, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll email you the forms necessary. You need a writ and a 10-point letter. Make sure to contact them a week or so in advance to line up your transportation.

Posts: 280 | Location: Weatherford, Texas | Registered: March 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
does anyone still have the forms necessary to get an inmate from federal custody? My defendant is serving 24 months in a federal prison, but I've got a first degree felony poss of meth case pending against him.

Posts: 52 | Location: meridian, texas | Registered: March 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post