TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Advice for a special prosecutor
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Advice for a special prosecutor Login/Join 
posted
My boss and I have been appointed to investigate and, if necessary, prosecute a death that occurred in another, smaller county. The death occurred at the hands of two undercover narcotics officers. The police wagons are circling on the ground, and the media buzzards are circling in the sky. Needless to say, this is already a bit of a sticky wicket.

We've got the nuts and bolts of the investigation under control with no problems. I'm not looking for advice on the tangible how-tos of the case. I'm looking for words of wisdom on the less tangible aspects, like how to deal with those circles described above. I would appreciate any words of wisdom from those who have braved this path before. I'm quite content to learn from the mistakes that others may have made. :-) Please contact me directly via email or phone 972/825-5035.

Thanks.

Posts: 200 | Registered: January 31, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I gotta give credit where it is due. If you want any advice at all on how to handle the press and a really tough situation, call Bud Kirkendall (830) 303-1922. He's a genius with the tough situations.

Posts: 319 | Location: Midland, TX | Registered: January 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post