TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Released Inmate Welcomes Back the '80s
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Released Inmate Welcomes Back the '80s Login/Join 
Administrator
posted
BLYTHE, CA - Former Chuckawalla Valley State Prison inmate Jake Allen Dupree, 42, who completed a 20-year sentence for armed robbery last Friday, said he is excited to hear that '80s styles are experiencing a resurgence in popularity. "When the guard handed me my stuff, he said my acid-wash jeans, Kangaroos sneakers, and bright teal T-shirt looked really cool," Dupree said. "It's great that I won't have to buy a new wardrobe." Dupree added that he was happy to hear that Miami Vice was recently re-released, so he can find out what happened to Crockett and Tubbs.

(from The Onion, of course ...)

Posts: 2425 | Location: TDCAA | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Another great reason for LWOP, eh? You never have to update your wardrobe.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What in the world are Kangaroo sneakers? I remember Vans, but not Kangaroos. And I remember I had lots and lots of shoulder pads.

Posts: 515 | Location: austin, tx, usa | Registered: July 02, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hate to show my age but Roo's (as they were called) were blue/yellow with a pocket on the side of the shoe. As I recall they were very comfortable but did not last very long.

Posts: 37 | Location: Tyler, Texas | Registered: October 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wonder if Mary K. is under contract to wear Kangaroo products in public?

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20050521/ap_on_re_us/teacher_sex_wedding

Posts: 18 | Location: Leander, Tx, USA | Registered: July 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think the makers of the Kangol hat brand might be offended by that last post because the ever fashionable Ms. Letourneau-Fualaau is not wearing the Kangaroo brand, but rather a Kangol hat favored by other A list celebrities, most famously, Samuel L. Jackson.

Posts: 10 | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post
Any more questions?

posted Hide Post

Piglet and Tigger, too

Posts: 145 | Location: Bryan/College Station | Registered: April 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow! Those are some ugly shoes. I don't remember anyone wearing those. I guess I was too enamored with my vintage spike heels to notice ugly, comfortable shoes. But I did have some hightop Reeboks for Jazzercise.

And what ever happened to Tubbs?

Posts: 515 | Location: austin, tx, usa | Registered: July 02, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So Mr. Bradley, Mr. "I am the 80's", what goes (or went) in the pockets of the Kangaroo shoes?

I'm with Jane on this one, I don't remember those at all. I just remember hi-top reeboks were all the rage.

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had a pair of Kangaroos. They were dark blue. My father asked me to keep a housekey in one of the little pockets and a five dollar bill in the other as 'emergency money'.

Posts: 764 | Location: Dallas, Texas | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<notalawyer>
posted
quote:
Originally posted by Greg Gilleland:
So Mr. Bradley, Mr. "I am the 80's", what goes (or went) in the pockets of the Kangaroo shoes?

Your dignity.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<notalawyer>
posted
quote:
Originally posted by jane starnes:
And what ever happened to Tubbs?

Philip Michael Thomas went on to play:

Dumas, sidekick to detective "Extralagre", in such hits as: "Magic Power", "Black Magic" and "Black and White" (1991).

Frank Ferguson in "Miami Shakedown".(1993)

Lance Vance, part of a Cuban biker gang, in "Grand Theft Auto: Vice City" (1997 - video game)

Detective Ciprian Raines in "Fate" (2003)

Reply With QuoteReport This Post