TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    A Committed Drinker
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A Committed Drinker Login/Join 
posted
Is this another one of those DWI defendants that shouldn't be in prison?

Man gets 2 DUI's in day from same cop

Advertisement

News Video

Buy AP Photo Reprints

MISSOULA, Mont. (AP) -- A man was cited for drunken driving twice in the same day, by the same officer, and jailed after authorities said he showed up drunk for his arraignment.

Court records said Adam T. Lundgren, 42, was cited for misdemeanor drunken driving after being spotted driving erratically at 5:30 p.m. Monday.

He was later released to a sober friend, but jumped from the friend's car and returned to downtown Missoula, where he continued drinking, court records said.

At about 10 p.m., Lundgren drove into a bridge railing and started to run away. Witnesses captured him and held him until police arrived.

Officer Cody Lanier of the Missoula Police Department again cited Lundgren for drunken driving, along with reckless driving and failing to heed a stop sign.

Lundgren posted $700 bail later Monday night, but was jailed Tuesday afternoon after showing up drunk for his Municipal Court arraignment, court records said.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
From The Onion, June 11, 2007, Issue 43�24

ATHENS, OH�Keith Bonifer, 34, a regular and frequently intoxicated patron of Araby's Pub, impressed fellow customers Tuesday by accurately singing along to every word of "Save Your Love," Great White's epic 1987 power ballad.

"He knew the whole thing, even after five boilermakers," bartender Bill Riggs said of Bonifer's flawless 5-minute, 46-second performance, during which he reportedly demonstrated admirable restraint by not staggering around the bar to get other patrons to sing with him. "He even knew the part where it goes 'so lock the door and throw away the key,' which I always thought was 'so rock me more and throw away the key.' Makes a lot more sense, actually."

Due to the way Bonifer moved his hands during the solo, bar patrons speculated that he might also be adept at playing the song on guitar.

Posts: 218 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: September 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Something very similar happened in an office I worked in long ago.

Officer arrests driver for DWI and jails him, then sees him driving down the street a few hours later. Officer stops him again, based on belief that driver couldn't have sobered up so soon. Sure enough, driver is DWI still/again and is arrested and jailed again. Defense attorney used the threat of going to the press with the jail's loose release policy to obtain a favorable plea bargain.

Posts: 245 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: July 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Something very similar happened in an office I worked in long ago."

You scared me there--I thought this was going to be a story about an office party gone bad where someone couldn't handle their Jello shots and the karaoke situation got out of hand, maybe to the extent of someone attempting an "air banjo" performance.

Elizabeth Foley
Ass't Crim. D.A.
Galveston County

Posts: 102 | Location: Galveston, Texas | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post