TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Unauthorized Practice of Law
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Unauthorized Practice of Law Login/Join 
posted
Has anyone had dealings with Ron Davis / Sr. Litigation Consultant / C.C.L.A., RWD Litigation Consultants out of Austin Texas. He is passing himself off as an attorney here in Midland and is not. Anyoone having any dealings with him or his company please contact me ASAP

Posts: 6 | Location: Midland Texas U S of A | Registered: January 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't remember the guy's name but there was a news story not too long ago about a fellow makeing big $$$$ from prison inmates and their families... He had some sort of "can't lose appeal" based on something like an old treaty or somesuch. It seemed like a mixure of "Snake-oil Salesman" with "Republic of Texas" logic.

Posts: 689 | Registered: March 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Contact both the State Bar of Texas attorneys and the Travis County upl committee and grievance committee chairperson. Some cities used to have a separate upl committee as part of the local grievance committee. I don't know if they still do.

I also recommend that you have your investigator call one of the State Bar investigators as well. There might be some information that investigators might be familiar with that might not have led to formal charges of a civil or criminal nature but that might be relevant to your inquiry.

Finally, check with the DA's investigators and the Special Crime folks in Travis County. They too may know some information on this individual.

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post