TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Defense attorney on shooting spree
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Defense attorney on shooting spree Login/Join 
posted
DPD: Defense Attorney Went on Shooting Spree

J.D. Miles
Reporting

(CBS 11 News) DALLAS A prominent Dallas defense attorney will be looking for his own legal help after a bizarre shooting spree in his White Rock Lake neighborhood.

Bob Kennedy said he was on his way home Monday evening when the incident happened.

"All of a sudden, the driver side window shattered and glass just poured all over me," Kennedy said.

The 50-year-old man was driving down the 3500 block of Sperry Street when the gunshots came through a fence.

"I just ducked my head and floored it," he said. "I tried to get out of there."

Kennedy said he thought he had been ambushed by a sniper.

He called police and worried about neighbors with children who might be in the line of fire on a sunny Labor Day afternoon.

Police said the man who fired the nine-millimeter handgun through the fence is Martin Lenoir, a well-known Dallas criminal defense attorney.

Sources say that Lenoir was intoxicated and taken to Baylor Hospital instead of jail by paramedics.

He is expected to face criminal charges of deadly conduct and assaulting a police officer.

Kennedy said he doesn't know Lenoir and believes the attorney was randomly shooting.

"That's completely irresponsible," he said. "There's nothing else to say about it."

Police seized the handgun and found 13 spent casings.

Dallas police are treating the incident as a case of deadly conduct.

Video can be found here

http://cbs11tv.com/topstories/local_story_247230100.html

Posts: 200 | Registered: January 31, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was attempting suicide, but the handgun was defective and just began firing randomly. It made me so upset that I had a few drinks after the incident. This is all just a big mistake.

This of course will lead to the attorney filing suit on the handgun manufacturer. He will then obtain assistance from the ACLU, the Brady Foundation and other assorted gun control groups.

Of cours his attempted suicide and related mental state will be protected by the ADA and will not be subject to courtroom discussion as it will violate HIPPA.

Posts: 61 | Location: Palestine, Texas USA | Registered: April 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A story a few topics down says the ACLU joined the NRA in supporting a new law on traveling with a handgun.

Posts: 689 | Registered: March 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post