TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Buying Drugs on the Internet
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Buying Drugs on the Internet Login/Join 
posted
Who's had a case where a drug defendant (usually with pills) claims that he purchased the drugs on the Internet -- admittedly without a prescription, but "while under a doctor's supervision." In my case, the defendant bought a whole bunch of codeine pills (enough for a 2nd degree felony) from a bunch at pharmagroup.com, who says they get drugs from "European drug manufacturers." It seems to me that this is sort of the equivalent of "I got these pills at a pharmacy in Mexico."

Posts: 515 | Location: austin, tx, usa | Registered: July 02, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OK, maybe I limited my question too much by asking if anyone has had such a case. Even if you haven't had a case like mine personally, if you know anything about this, please let me know. Confused

Posts: 515 | Location: austin, tx, usa | Registered: July 02, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jane, maybe everyone is just too busy deleting bookmarks and histories from their browsers and cleaning their hard drives.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Texas State Board of Medical Examiners (TSBME)and the Texas State Board of Pharmacy (TSBP) have policies that govern physicians and pharmacies who want to do Internet prescribing.

A valid patient physician relationship according to TSBME must consist of the following:

1) The physician must verify the identity of the person
2) The diagnosis must be established through accepted medical practices
3) The physician must discuss the diagnosis with the patient
4) The physician must insure that followup care is made available to the patient

TSBP states that a prescription is not valid unless issued as a result of a VALID patient physician relationship.

Posts: 151 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There's no prescription at all in my case. This web site seems to consist of a bunch of people, maybe in Europe, doling out drugs. The defense attorney keeps telling me this and that about FDA regulations, and that the defendant would be allowed to order a 90 day supply of medication (codeine), as long as he is "under a doctor's care." We've already verified that this doctor never prescribed him this codeine. And the guy had 228 pills of it.