TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Job Interviewing Lessons for TDCAA Members
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Job Interviewing Lessons for TDCAA Members Login/Join 
posted
I have talked with many people that have interviewed for assistant county attorney or assistant district attorney positions throughout the state. I have also interviewed for some of those positions myself. I have heard many complaints that after the interview, most offices will not follow up with a phone call or an e-mail to say that they hired someone else. What some people get is a letter weeks after it is apparent that they hired someone else. If any of your offices are looking to improve the way you do business, I encourage you to do a follow up call or e-mail. At the very least it is good PR for your office.

Posts: 1 | Registered: August 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good luck in your job hunt.

At the top of this page is a link to 'job bank'. You may find a position available that interests you on that list.

Posts: 764 | Location: Dallas, Texas | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree with the suggestion. I generally make a phone call to the people who were interviewed, letting them know we hired an applicant. For those resumes that did not result in an interview, I send a letter letting them know the position was filled.

One has to be careful, though, about saying too much, given the world of hiring law that could be triggered by the wrong statement.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post