TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    DA suckerpunched - puts defendant in hospital
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DA suckerpunched - puts defendant in hospital Login/Join 
posted

Posts: 10 | Location: Athens, TX | Registered: May 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've been boxing since my first year of law school. I'm just waiting for a defendant who doesn't know that to decide to take a swing.

Posts: 394 | Location: Waco, Tx | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just like a criminal--he got someone killed so it must be someone else's fault. Hope the judge stacks the new case. And I hope that its a good charge.

Posts: 2138 | Location: McKinney, Texas, USA | Registered: February 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A prime candidate for shackles, spit-guard, and shock belt!

Posts: 444 | Location: Austin, Texas, USA | Registered: January 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Be careful what you wish for, Mr. Burks. Many convicts study boxing as well.

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I never said I was wishing for it, only that I'm waiting for it. I'm planning a long career in prosecution and at some point the odds catch up to you.

Also, I'm always cognizant of the first rule that I was taught by my trainer in DC- Boxing is a whole lot more fun when you're not getting hit. Spacing and attention are the two most important things in a boxing ring, and that goes double in a courtroom setting. I see FAR too many lawyers (both prosecution and defense) become careless with where they stand in relationship to defendants. Sometimes all you need is another six inches of spacing to give you the extra half second to step out of the way. After that, it's all up to security.

Yet one more thing that law school doesn't teach you- when standing in on arraignment of murder suspects, keep your hands out of your pockets, your feet under you, don't turn your back, and know where the tables and chairs are.

Posts: 394 | Location: Waco, Tx | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The continuing episodes of "Don't stand too close to the criminals"

http://www.kirotv.com/news/27890366/detail.html?cxntlid=cmg_cntnt_rss