TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Citations to penal code
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Citations to penal code Login/Join 
posted
I'm a federal prosecutor in Dallas, and Id like to know what the conventions are in counties/DA's offices around the state for inclusion in a case's documentation of a citation to the statutory section a person is accused or found guilty of violating. It seems in Dallas County, that info is usually to be found in a probable cause affidavit, in an arrest warrant, and on the case jacket. If prosecutors out there in other counties can tell me how it works where you practice, I'd appreciate the info. Thanks.

Posts: 1 | Location: Dallas, Texas, USA | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They can be found in several places: the PC affidavit and arrest warrant, the CR43 form should have the code citation, and our indictments usually include the code citation too.

Posts: 31 | Location: Bonham, Fannin County, Texas | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post