TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Internet Speeding Advice
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Internet Speeding Advice Login/Join 
posted
Would anyone share experiences they had dealing with discovery in speeding cases that came from these internet websites that propose the information can help beat a ticket?

The discovery asks for training records of the Officer and the speed detection device, daily log, radar log, statement from Officer about what mile marker citation issued; name, model and serial number of speed measuring device, copies of maintenance logs of speed measuring device, copies of maintenance log of tuning fork, copy of FCC license, DPS standard for use of speed measuring device, audio copy of radio traffic for time when citation entered, etc.

I know that the State would object in regard to production without a particularized need. Any other practical thoughts or comments?

Posts: 3 | Registered: January 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You are giving me flashbacks to my start in Harris County in the JP Courts. It was always amazing to me that defense lawyers actually want to spend their lives litigating such matters.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post