TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Corpus Delicti
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Corpus Delicti Login/Join 
posted
Suspect masturbates in bed with his child and step-child on either side of him, thinking they are asleep. As he finishes, step-child wakes up and, fearing she may have seen him, he picks her up an moves her across himself to get her to watch TV. Thinking that she got semen on her, he tells her to change and washes clothing and bed sheets.

We know all this because a week later the suspect attempts suicide and in the midst of the attempt calls his wife describing the above as a reason for the attempt. He repeats the confession to his preacher and later gives a written statement to police. The children are interviewed at the CAC and describe getting into bed, but deny seeing anything unusual. No physical evidence is found.

I have a SCOTUS opinion that states the Federal Corpus Delicti rule applies to statements made "to an official charged with investigating the possibility of wrongdoing."

Am I worried about nothing or am I wasting my time even thinking about filing an indecency?

Posts: 261 | Location: Lampasas, Texas, USA | Registered: November 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How old are the kids? Can you give it some time, maybe get the kids into therapy? Maybe they'll make an outcry if given enough time to get more comfortable with telling. Our CAC has an extended forensic program, particularly useful for very young children who maybe don't make an outcry at the initial interview.

Posts: 515 | Location: austin, tx, usa | Registered: July 02, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
4 and 7

Posts: 261 | Location: Lampasas, Texas, USA | Registered: November 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post