TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    State Jail "Stacking"
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

State Jail "Stacking" Login/Join 
posted
A couple of the attorneys around the office have indicated there may be some limitation on stacking state jail felonies. However, I am unable to find any specifics. I have reviewed Article 42.08, CCP and section 3.03, PC, performed some brief research and reviewed Mr. Bradley's Section on Multiple Offenses, Chapter 3, The Perfect Plea, with no luck.

Brief situation: Not the same criminal episode, not the same criminal prosecution, the offense is not one of the specifically mentioned offenses addressed in either statute.

Is their something I am missing regarding "stacking" state jail sentences?

Thanks.

Posts: 15 | Location: Palestine | Registered: January 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have come across nothing that restricts the ability of a court from stacking state jail sentences the same as another other sentence.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post