TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Was he trying to get in or out?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Was he trying to get in or out? Login/Join 
posted
Turkey flies through Lubbock County Courthouse window, unharmed by hit

A wild turkey crashed through a window in the Lubbock County Courthouse on Monday, prompting thoughts of a courthouse shooting and leaving a cartoon-like hole in the glass.

"It was like a boom and the glass shattered," said Baldemar Hernandez, who was attending a child-support hearing on the building's fourth floor when the bird made its unwelcome appearance. "I thought, Somebody's shooting at us.' "

The hole in the window looked like something from a Looney Toon - a turkey-shaped whole in the glass.

The rest of the article

(Incidentally, the picture of the window is pretty funny, but the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal needs some better proof-readers. A "whole" in the glass?)

Posts: 1116 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: December 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Once again, I'm all for prosecuting "animals". Turkeys, burros, whatever.

Posts: 293 | Location: San Antonio | Registered: January 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Was he a delinquent fowl because he was behind on his child support payments?

Posts: 1243 | Location: houston, texas, u.s.a. | Registered: October 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
More on birds having a brush with the justice system:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24753683/?GT1=43001

JAS

Posts: 586 | Location: Denton,TX | Registered: January 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Perhaps they would've been more successful if the police hadn't put the parrot in a dark room while repeatedly demanding "I don't care how tough you are, you're going to sing!"

Posts: 1243 | Location: houston, texas, u.s.a. | Registered: October 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Bob Cole>
posted
Mabe it was when they unnecessarily read him his Miranda rights that moved him to clam up.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm sure Carmen Miranda scares him.

posted Hide Post
Just proves even parrots can spot cops every time, as well as vets. Or maybe this was an instance of "who wants to know."

Posts: 2386 | Registered: February 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Maybe quite a sensible parrot. Probably afraid of incriminating himself on what occurred during his escape.

JAS

Posts: 586 | Location: Denton,TX | Registered: January 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post