TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    2 YEAR OLD VICTIM
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2 YEAR OLD VICTIM Login/Join 
posted
I have a Defendant who twisted and pinched a 2 year olds penis at the Day care facility where she was wporking. She later confessed that she was frustrated and upset with how they were treating her at work. My witness cannot testify---he's not that verbal yet. I wanted his mother to bring him into the courtroom at the end of her testimony so the jury could see him because he's precious and he is the victim. My Judge told me to research whether I could do that.????We found an old 1923 case where a baby was allowed to be held in an Seduction case which was an interesting read but surely someone out there has done this.

Posts: 334 | Location: Beeville, Texas., USA | Registered: September 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Why wouldn't you be able to bring the baby in? After all, even if he can't testify, he is, essentially, evidence. Heck, park him in the front row of the courtroom for a while. Not like it is a violation of The Rule.

Posts: 374 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: July 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post