TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Credit/Debit Card Abuse
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Credit/Debit Card Abuse Login/Join 
posted
Theft of a store gift card is just "theft" since it doesn't fit the definition of a credit or debit card, right? But what about a "VISA" card that is one of those pre-loaded ones (not a typical credit card!)? Or a Lone Star card? Would they count as "debit" cards? They have a designated person listed and they debit an account at a financial institution. Or does the "account" have to be in an individuals name, and not a general account that the bank holds for all to use? Seemed so simple til I read the definitions!!! A little knowledge.....!!!!!

Posts: 100 | Location: Nacogdoches, Texas, USA | Registered: June 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My take is that a simple store card, like a gift certificate, does not fall as CC abuse- it's a theft. I do not think that a lone star card qualifies either, since to my knowledge there isn't a financial institution keeping track of balances. A prepaid card carrying the VISA logo, however, is a debit card, since there is a financial institution behind it.

Posts: 394 | Location: Waco, Tx | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post