TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Drug test results,DWI, extrapolation
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Drug test results,DWI, extrapolation Login/Join 
posted
Does anyone have any info or advice on interpreting drug test results for DWI cases on marijuana and cocaine? Trooper arrests def. for dwi and he submits to a urine test. Results:
cocaine metabolite 17,200ng/ml
mj metabolite 162ng/ml
The lab tells me the cocaine would be on the mid to upper range of the results that they routinely see and the mj is probably average. Video of the feild test marginal and pc for the stop is 68mph in a 65 zone. How do you prove the effects of the drugs other than dialted pupils etc. or how long ago the drugs were ingested. Any experience out there would help.
thanks
Mike Hartman
Scurry County Atty.

Posts: 568 | Registered: November 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can't help you with the extrapolation issues, but I can thank you for reminding us not to be lulled into blowing down US 84 too quickly. 68 in a 65 zone. Man.

Posts: 1233 | Location: Amarillo, Texas, USA | Registered: March 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure this will help you, but http://www.druglibrary.org/schaffer/Misc/driving/contents.htm is a site I've used before for general info. One of the articles contained a list of therapeutic doses and concentrations for various legal medications, but I haven't read them all to see if similar info is included on illegals. You might contact your ME's office, or the DPS lab in Dallas...

Good luck!

Georgette

Posts: 95 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: September 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post