TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    AWOL crosses the pond
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

AWOL crosses the pond Login/Join 
Administrator
posted
Better get ready for this in a few months ...

Alcoholic mist faces opposition before its debut

8/19/2004 4:55 PM
By: Associated Press

NEW YORK -- A new machine that allows bar-hoppers to inhale liquor instead of drinking it is set to make its debut in New York City on Friday night.

The machine, called Alcohol Without Liquid -- or AWOL -- is already available in Europe and Asia. It combines alcohol and oxygen to create an inhalable alcoholic mist.

Andrew Spano, the county executive in Westchester County, NY, said he is worried the machine will attract underage drinkers and is seeking a local or statewide ban.

Distributor Spirit Partners has touted AWOL as a low-carb, low-calorie and hangover-free alternative to drinking.

The company said the machine sends alcohol into the bloodstream faster than drinking, resulting in a quick buzz. But it also said the level of alcohol in the body after AWOL use is lower than for traditional drinkers.

Posts: 2426 | Location: TDCAA | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have alcoholic beverage makers become the new cigarette companies, specializing in marketing to underage drinkers? I thought I'd seen it all the other day, when I saw that they now make "Sophia Coppola" brand sparkling wine in a can. It's in a skinny little red can with a straw taped to the side of the can. So you can drink your bubbly through a straw in the car. I asked the clerk who bought this stuff, and he said, "It's popular with the under 21 crowd." What's next?

Posts: 515 | Location: austin, tx, usa | Registered: July 02, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post