TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    transp code - no insurance - bodily injury
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

transp code - no insurance - bodily injury Login/Join 
posted
i have an officer asking me for a prose for a brand new offense (not last year's DWLI enhancement) that says if you cause an accident and you are driving w/o insurance, and you cause bodily injury, it is a class a misdemeanor. i have looked--i can not find. anybody know of what i speak?!

Posts: 79 | Location: Hood County | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
521.025 was amended to increase the penalty to Class A if there was a crash causing SBI in which an uninsured driver carried NO license (to fill in the gap left by the 2009 change to 521.457 - having an invalid license is different than having no license). But I'm unaware of such an enhancement in which there is an accident causing SBI and just no insurance at all, which is what your question seems to be asking.

Posts: 1089 | Location: UNT Dallas | Registered: June 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Gretchen's reference is the only change like that of which I am aware.

Posts: 2425 | Location: TDCAA | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had the same thing here. One of our officers "learned" it at some seminar. It was one of the bills that didn't pass.

Posts: 641 | Location: Longview, Texas | Registered: October 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post