TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Roaming Sexual Offenders
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Roaming Sexual Offenders Login/Join 
posted
Any ideas on the easiest way to process a Mich. Defendant who has moved into our jurisdiction and is not registering as a convicted sex offender? No Mich warrant has been issued.Do you think it's enough to get a CC of the judgment together with Mich registration statutes and charge him after 9/1/05 using CCP62.051(i)?Another question is whether I have to use the law as it existed in 1995 when he was sentenced or can I use the law as it presently exists? No one wants to do anything because the statutes are a nightmare to read. Confused Confused

Posts: 334 | Location: Beeville, Texas., USA | Registered: September 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You should start by getting a copy of TDCAA's book on Sex Offender Registration. It simplifies much of what is difficult. Second, you should contact DPS at their Sex Offender Registration division. They provide good advice on who can be prosecuted. You also could check with the Attorney General. He is making a career out of catching sex offenders who aren't following the law. Finally, you should look at the rewrite done this last session by the Legislature. They reorganized everything to make it more understandable.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thought I had all of TDCAA's books. Guess I missed a good one.

Posts: 334 | Location: Beeville, Texas., USA | Registered: September 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post