TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Sex Offender Reporting Question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sex Offender Reporting Question Login/Join 
posted
Defendant is trying to get out of reporting as a sex offender after he pleads soon and takes his 2nd indecent exposure conviction (His first was in a different U.S. state--his second will be here.) The problem is that I cannot find a paragraph in 62.001 that applies to this set of circumstances. I have read 62.001 over and over. Subsection (H) can't apply because it specifically excludes subsection (F) which addresses Indecent Exposure. I can't use subsection (I) because it refers to the second violation of the law of another state with elements similar to Indecent Exposure. This Defendant hasn't committed a violation of the law of the other state more than once. Am I missing something?

Posts: 7 | Registered: August 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You might try contacting Michelle Galaviz. She is an attorney with DPS in the Crime Records Bureau who handles sex offender registation issues. She is in the Austin office. The main number is 512-424-2000.

Janette

Posts: 674 | Location: Austin, Texas, United States | Registered: March 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post