TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Recent phenomenon?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Recent phenomenon? Login/Join 
posted
We here in Tarrant County have been seeing a rash of UAs classified as diluted. I have a phone call with our provider scheduled for next week to discuss the issue. As I understand it, a sample is classified as "diluted" if its specific gravity and creatinine levels are outside of certain tolerances. Has anyone else either researched this issue or experienced a similar uptick in diluted specimens?

Posts: 723 | Location: Fort Worth, TX, USA | Registered: July 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Our probaton office has seen quite a few dilltued results, especially in the past 2 years or so. I'm told there are products on the market designed to produce the same effect, and am also told if you drink enough liqiud of any kind, the sample will come back dilluted. Have not researched it myself, just going by what I was told. We always retest if we get a dilluted sample. Random testing dates also help solve the problem.

Posts: 568 | Registered: November 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Remember all the press about drinking at least 64 ounces of water a day? At least at one time, there was talk that this was necessary for health.

A friend in the medical profession has mentioned to me that they often have to ask people NOT to drink their usual amount of water before a test. The proliferation of water bottles, and the fact that people carry them everywhere has led to a definate increase in water consumption. It may not just be an attempt to thwart the test.

Posts: 736 | Location: Sweetwater TX | Registered: January 30, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lisa, what about those who drink hot water? I'm still trying to grasp that concept. Mike :-)

Posts: 244 | Registered: November 02, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well - lots of people like to drink something warm, especially at work. However, copious quantities of coffee and tea are not healthy. So - hot water is the answer. A little lemon makes it absolutely wonderful! No calories, no caffine, and minimal cost! Big Grin

Posts: 736 | Location: Sweetwater TX | Registered: January 30, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post