TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Sex Offender Registration Madness
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sex Offender Registration Madness Login/Join 
posted
Perp takes a 10 deferred for Agg. Sexual Assault of a Child in 1990, goes off deferred in 2000, continues to register until 2002 when he drops off the face of the earth. 2005 he reports a theft to local law enforcement and they run his CCH and low and behold he is a sex offender. They go talk to perp and tell him he needs to register. He says no, my case was dismissed so I don't have to register anymore. Court's file does show deferred judgement and then a dismissal in 2002 after he sucessfully completes deferred.

I do warrant, he gets arrested and is told when you get out of jail you will have 7 days to register. He bonds out the same day and now a month later has still not registered so PD is back for another warrant.

I don't have any issue with retroactive application of the lifetime registration since he was still required to register when the new law came into effect, but that signed dismissal does bother me some. Any insight ? Is anyone else doing multiple warrants on these guys that are refusing to register ?

Posts: 641 | Location: Longview, Texas | Registered: October 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post