TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Audio enhancement software
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Audio enhancement software Login/Join 
posted
Does anyone know of or have used software that can be used to enhance audio on a LE (DPS) video? What I have is a PCS captured on video but the radio traffic drowns out the trooper's mike.

Posts: 956 | Location: Cherokee County, Rusk, Tx | Registered: July 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gordon,

Are you trying to play this video on a DVD player or computer?

If DVD player, and you may have done this, but have you tried pulling one of the audio channels to figure out which is the in car mic and which is the body mic? Try pulling either the red or white RCA cable that goes into your TV and see which color controls what mic.

If it's DPS, is it recorded with Watchguard software? If so, I believe Watchguard's Utility Disc program gives you an option to turn off a mic. Do you have a copy of that program or know if the video utilizes Watchguard?

There are a couple of other options I can think of, but too complicated to post. Call me at our main # (512 943 1111) tomorrow and maybe I can help you.

Posts: 90 | Location: Georgetown, TX | Registered: October 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There is a free program called Audacity that may help you, check it out.

Posts: 95 | Location: Marble Falls, TX USA | Registered: October 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Many systems record in stereo; body mic on one channel and the in-car mic (radio traffic) on the other. If so, disconnecting the right or left audio cable from vcr/dvd to tv, will cutout one and let you hear the other clearly. You can do it in front of a jury and avoid the need to call an additional witness to testify about any editing or have the defense suggest the state is hiding something. It also works for listening to detained subject in the back of a patrol car while the officers body mic is flooded with highway traffic sounds and conversations with other officers.

Posts: 261 | Location: Lampasas, Texas, USA | Registered: November 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post