TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Can I make this case (drug possession)?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Can I make this case (drug possession)? Login/Join 
posted
I have the following facts ... home owner has just filled prescrition for 400 pills of clonazapine. Juvenlie found in house, intoxicated, blood test indicates high level of intoxication on same drug, drugs are no longer in the pill bottle, no one else took pills or had access to the pills between purchase and finding the kid intoxicated. Kid admits to several people that he took the pills.

Can I prove possession of controlled substance under these circumstances without the pills?

Thoughts? Case cites?

Thanks!

Posts: 14 | Location: Kerrville, Texas | Registered: September 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ever heard the story about the empty cookie jar and the kid with crumbs around his mouth?

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
JB -- THat's my theory, but my judge usually wants external validation from a court of record or the legislature to tell him we are authorized to get a conviction ...

Posts: 14 | Location: Kerrville, Texas | Registered: September 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not your judge's business to tell you how to prove your case, especially BEFORE trial.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post