New
Find
Notify
Tools

Veterans Day Login/Join 
posted
Cpl John R. Stalvey, USMC Scout Sniper
KIA 10-3-2005, Karabilah Iraq

One of thousands of noble heroes that I am unworthy to even be in the company of. John doesn't mean much to everybody else, but he touched our family's lives.

And, if you happened to click on this, at least his name might have flashed through your brain in a brief moment -- My small way of tribute to you, John boy. Heh-heh, I got a few folks to notice you, buddy. See you one day for a happy reunion. Semper Fi.

Posts: 751 | Location: Huntsville, Tx | Registered: January 31, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for introducing him to us. Everything I tried to type after that to express my appreciation for his sacrifice seemed inadequate, so I hope "Thank You" will suffice.

Posts: 5 | Registered: January 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I will tell you from the heart of this insignificant creature: One word of sincere gratitude has more impact on the heart of we sacrificing patriots than the the bombs and bullets of any ten terrorists or other enemies of freedom.

Thank you, on behalf of my nephew.

Posts: 751 | Location: Huntsville, Tx | Registered: January 31, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Like you, he is a hero, good friend.

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I know I am a day late, but I have been away from the office.

Those of us who have not served should never pass up the opportunity to thank those of you who have.

Thank you.

Posts: 61 | Location: Palestine, Texas USA | Registered: April 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you to all the veterans out there.

I, too, am a day late because I was not in the office yesterday.

Posts: 51 | Location: Throckmorton County, Texas | Registered: March 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
I just came across this quote, which I had never heard or read before, but it touched me so much that I wanted to share it:

"It is, in a way, an odd thing to honor those who died in defense of our country in wars far away. The imagination plays a trick. We see these soldiers in our mind as old and wise. We see them as something like the Founding Fathers, grave and gray-haired. But most of them were boys when they died, and they gave up two lives -- the one they were living and the one they would have lived. When they died, they gave up their chance to be husbands and fathers and grandfathers. They gave up their chance to be revered old men. They gave up everything for their country, for us. All we can do is remember."

--Ronald W. Reagan, 40th President of the United States
November 11, 1985

Posts: 2425 | Location: TDCAA | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Excellent quote from one of the greats.

He was right: John was barely 22, had owned his first vehicle for only a few months, was going to be engaged when he got home; never heard of Guitar Hero or Taylor Swift for that matter. Never imagined TARP or bailouts and dreamed of maybe one day being a Texas lawman.