TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Theft from a Person
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Theft from a Person Login/Join 
posted
85 year old female gets transported to ER. While there she is moved to another section of hospital for a test her purse disappears. Nurses remember her asking about purse at the time she was in ER and identify suspect (her grandson) from photo lineup.

Grandson later goes to visit grandma and after first denying knowledge of the purse, goes to his car and "finds" purse. Later check of purse finds checkbook, some medication (vicodan and diazepam) and $2.00 missing.

Grandson, of course, forged three checks.

The question I am trying to resolve is: Do I have theft from a person? (for the purse)

Posts: 956 | Location: Cherokee County, Rusk, Tx | Registered: July 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Unless the purse was on the gurney with the granny, then I would say no. But you have 3 counts of SJF forgery to work with …

Posts: 100 | Location: Beaumont, Texas, USA | Registered: February 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I was just hoping to get him to the third degree for stealing from an elderly.

Posts: 956 | Location: Cherokee County, Rusk, Tx | Registered: July 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree with Cory.

Posts: 1029 | Location: Fort Worth, TX | Registered: June 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post