TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    MTR
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

MTR Login/Join 
posted
Defendant was placed on deferred for Robbery, he has managed to not get revoked despite multiple MTRs. His latest involves an assault with his girlfriend. The state offered to revoke 4 years the defense atty reset the the MTR to have a trial in the county courts. The county assault was dismissed so that the contested MTR could be heard. However once the county case was dismissed the defense approached a different prosecutor and told them that the county court case was dismissed for insufficient evidence and that the defendant would plea true to something like monies if the recommendation would be to continue. The MRT was heard and the defendant was continued. I have refiled the MTR and the court says I cannot go forward because the MTR was already heard. Can I proceed with the MTR on the assault.

Posts: 7 | Registered: January 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If the assault allegations were formally dismissed before proceeding on the $$$, yes. Otherwise, no.

Posts: 130 | Location: Texas | Registered: October 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So did you plead him to a different pending MTR or abandon the assault allegation from the MTR he plead to? Either way the assault allegation hasn't been heard.

I say refile the assault charge and also add it to any pending MTR or just get the PO to file another one. Would serve that attorney and his client right.

Posts: 106 | Location: Galveston, Tx. | Registered: May 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post