TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Victim Protection
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Victim Protection Login/Join 
posted
I have a victim of an agg asslt. Shot by gang members. Now she is being harassed (at a minimum) by same. Any ideas on protecting the victim.

Protective Order?
Restraining Order?
No bond?

Posts: 956 | Location: Cherokee County, Rusk, Tx | Registered: July 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, they've already shot her. They are gang members, and they didn't finish the job. If they could read (as an alarming amount of gang members seem to be dropouts from middle or high school), I doubt a P.O. or R.O. would stop them.

If you want to keep her safe, she will have to relocate or you'll have to arrest and jail the members committing retaliation. Choose option A. You probably don't have enough resources to jail the whole gang.

Posts: 319 | Location: Midland, TX | Registered: January 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
If they're out on bond for the Agg. Asslt., impose a stay-away condition on the bond (if not there already) and if they violate it, you can revoke them and deny bail under Prop. 4's "Faye Bell Harris" amendment to Art. I, sec. 11b of the constitution.

If they're still unapprehended on the original charges, ... tell her to run and hide. We don't have a witness protection program in Texas. Frown

Posts: 2425 | Location: TDCAA | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post